
Here's a great way to re-design your flip-flops! This pair of slippers was a gift so I decided to re-design it instead of throwing them into the bin when the straps broke.
What you need:
A pair of flip flop
4 x 1m fabric strip
A pair of scissors
White glue
How you do it:
Step 1
Remove the original strap and you can replace the broken strap with the fabric strip. Tie a knot using 2 strips and slide the fabric strips through the first hole (Middle).
If your slippers' straps are fine, you can simply wrapped the original strap with the fabric strips for a new look.
Step 2
For me, I twisted the fabric and slot the strip into the right hole. As shown below, I tied a knot at the bottom. Thereafter, I push the remaining fabric back to the top of the slippers. For durability, I secure the knot with white glue. Repeat this step for the hole on the left.
Be creative and play around with the fabric strips because you can turn your slippers to sandals by tying them around your ankles.



No comments:
Post a Comment